Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Office is Awwwwesome


So the U.S. version of "The Office" has quickly become one of my most favorite shows. I've already run through Season 1 and am onto Season 2 (ala Netflix). The humor is just so subtle but brilliant all the same. I think the looks and gestures that effortless say it all are what makes this show just work. Especially Jim's character. His looks into the camera are just perfect.

Some of my favorite Michael Scott (i.e. Steve Carell) quotes so far...

Michael Scott: Toby is in HR, which technically means he works for corporate, so he's really not a part of our family. Also, he's divorced, so he's really not a part of his family.
---------------
Michael Scott: The rules of shotgun are very simple and very clear. The first person to shout 'shotgun' when you're within sight of the car gets the front seat. That's how the game's played. There are no exceptions for someone with a concussion.
----------------
Michael Scott: Yes, I've heard 'women and children first', but we do not employ children. We are not a sweatshop, thankfully. And women are equal in the workplace, by law, so if I let them out first... I have a lawsuit on my hands.
----------------
Michael Scott: [ordering at Chili's] Megan? May we have an Awesome Blossom please? Extra awesome.

Good stuff. There is part of me that hopes I never have to work with someone like Michael Scott...but another part of me that hopes for it everyday...hehe.

No comments: