Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I learned to poach!


No, not eggs...although I do really need to learn how to poach eggs because I love me some Eggs Florentine!! Last night during tennis, I learned the art of poaching. And it was oh so fun! If I tried to explain it, I would just confuse myself...so I will use wikipedia's definition:

"Poaching – (in doubles) an aggressive move where the player at net moves to volley a shot intended for his/her partner."

Wow, Wiki did a good job describing it. There's a diagram here but it reminds me too much of geometry which was NOT my favorite subject in high school to say the least.

But poaching is a good time I must say. And so is tennis. I am slowly and steadily upping my game so I can probably play Maria or Serena in a couple weeks or so. No problem. If I could ONLY fit it into my busy schedule...

No comments: