Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Widdle wabbit


So I was walking down 2nd Street in Belmont Shores yesterday, and I notice a teenage girl carrying something around in a pink bag.

I assume that it's a little mini "rodent like" yappy pooch, but to my surprise, the beast in no way resembles a canine of any kind. Wanna know why? Because, this teeny bopper was carrying around a freaking BUNNY RABBIT in her bag. Is it Easter? No. It's July, kid.

The bunny was pretty cute I have to admit though. It was just so.....bizarre! Not a sight you see every day. So, I decide to follow right behind her on the street back to where my car is parked to see other peoples' reactions to this oddity. It was quite interesting to witness actually. Most passerbyers did double takes like I did. Most people actually smiled and pointed. A few rolled their eyes. And a handful of people looked straight ahead and didn't appear to notice.

I ask you though....how do you NOT notice someone carrying around a freaking bunny rabbit in a pink bright bag in public? I wonder what type of response this girl would have gotten if she had been carrying around a kitten instead? How about a turtle or a ferret?

Who knows? What I DO know though is that the gigantic bunny pictured in this post will surely give me nightmares this evening! Look at the SIZE of that thing!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People give us strange looks when we travel with Daphne... I would think a rabbit would get a lot of stares. Hope you had a good fourth!!