Thursday, July 17, 2008

This is just WRONG!

Call me old-fashioned, but when did it become OK for a 3-year old to dress and pose as a 23 year old seductress? A copy of Kids LA Magazine arrived at our office this morning, and my coworkers and I can't help but wonder what the photographer and art director were thinking during the photo shoot of this cover.

This is a LITTLE GIRL, people! Why is she wearing an itsy bitsy bikini, with her arms held up in a surrendering way and a kissy face?!?! The little girl is beautiful without putting make-up on her face and making her out to be a pin-up model. It just feels....dirty! Very reminiscent of JonBenet Ramsey I have to say.

We all agreed this is the type of stuff that child predators are after. Great that magazines like Kids LA are feeding into that. Listen up editors....next time, maybe you should make the kids look like ACTUAL kids. Heck, I wouldn't even wear a bikini top that skimpy. However, I do walk around with a "sexy kissy face" expression from time to time. No harm in that. All in a day's work.

No comments: