Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Back to Gymmy


So, I may have snoozed 4 times, but I finally made it to the gym this morning after my much needed hiatus (which may have last 1 month too long...but we don't have to get technical).

Anyway, dragging my sorry behind out of my comfortable bed in the morning is BEYOND challenging. And, it really just is a mind thing. And I need to constantly remind myself of that. Because once I actually get to the gym, it feels freaking great!

I went and worked out at the 24 hour fitness near our apartment for the first time (on 19th Street near Triangle Square in Costa Mesa) and it's an awesome facility. Me likey.

What I don't likey is how my cardio endurance went waaaaay down during my hiatus. Meaning, next time I take a break, it better be a bit shorter! I just need to upload some new tunes to my iPod and I'll be set! NB Triathlon...here I come :)

P.S. That pic is totally of me at the gym. It was really early in the morning...that's why it's so dark ;)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good job, pretty triathlon lady! I'm hauling my tired ass to the gym to lift and swim right now ... it's the last thing I wanna do after working so hard my head hurts (evidenced by the fact that I'm still sitting on my ass reading and commenting on your blog rather than getting up and going), but your post reminded me you almost NEVER regret working out once you get there. Thanks for the motivation!