Thursday, January 18, 2007

Weird and Wacky


So I was up north in Los Altos over the weekend and didn't have a chance to write about 2 of the most BIZARRE things I have ever seen. Seriously...prepare yourselves.

First, when I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, I was really looking forward to seeing their White Shark...one of the only ones in captivity (and I was lucky to have seen it since they just released it into the ocean a few days ago!) So I'm looking in this massive tank for this illustrious shark...and all of a sudden that huge fish above swims past me. I literally gasped. Have you ever seen something so crazy in your entire life? This picture doesn't even do it justice.

It's a Sunfish (also referred to as a Mola Mola). It looks like it was flattened into a giant pancake. So intriguing to watch. It eats jellyfish too. Fancy that.

To top off the evening, I was hanging out with Becky and some of her h.s. peeps back in Los Altos, and they showed me the Indian version of "Thriller." Have you seen it? It is one of the weirdest videos I have ever seen....it's hilarious yet ridiculous at the same time. Kind of like "Bollywood" but we think this guy is completely serious. Check the video out here. It's highly entertaining.

No comments: