Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Way of the French


So I finally tried the quaint crepe place on 2nd street in Belmont Shores today called "Le Creperie." And it DID NOT disappoint!

Our department goes out to lunch once a month for zee birthdays and today was such a delightful treat. I had the savory salmon crepe following description (Smoked and fresh fillet of salmon in a tomato, dill and caper sauce). It was scrum-dilly-umptios! And all of my coworkers seemed to enjoy their food too. The Dipollo (mushroom, chicken and thyme cherry cream sauce) and the Zorba (spinach, tomatoes, olives in veggie broth) both looked yummzies as well. You can get salads, paninis, pasta, chicken/steak/seafood entrees, you name it.

Unfortunately, I did not partake in the sweet crepe I wanted to try...the Romeo and Juliet (nutella, banana and strawberries) since the service was SO SLOW and we had to make it back for a meeting. So ya, don't go there if you don't have 2 hours to spare. Seriously. Prolly takes 5 hours for dinner. Other than the lagging service though, highly recommend the place.

---------------

On a totally related note, Maria doesn't have to, per se, "watch out" for my mad tennis skills just yet. I'm just still formulating my master plan. No rush ya know. It's a work in progress. So, she has a couple weeks or so before she needs to be shaking in her sneaks. Yup. Then, IT'S ON!

No comments: