Thursday, January 4, 2007

It's about that time


So it looks like I've given in to the power of "blogging." Yes, I am hopping on the bandwagon. I am drinking the Kool-Aid. I am jumping off of the cliff with everyone else...and I know how I like to kill some time throughout the day and check out various sites and blogs. So, might as well add another to the list.

In this blog, I can't tell you what I'll write or what you'll read. It'll be a mish mash of journal entries, restaurant reviews, news stories (or more likely "celebrity" news stories and gossiping...I mean, let's be honest), and gibberish. A way for you to spend a few seconds/minutes of your day away from doing actual work. Can't complain with that ;)

So this morning, I saw this fantastic story on the news. Yes, the actual news. I sporadically turn on the tube in the mornings and have this inner battle with myself...either listen to the news and know what the heck is going on in the world yet become depressed since most stories are not exactly uplifting, or stay pleasantly naive of current events and remain in good spirits. What to do?

Well, I am glad I decided to tune in on this particular day because I heard the lovely story of Wesley Autrey (pictured above...and no, he is not my bf), the "Subway Superman." For those who haven't heard of this fantastic guy, he jumped onto some subway tracks of NYC, laid on top of a stranger that had fallen down, and they both survived after the train ran on top of them. You can read more about it here.

So this begs the question. Who in their right mind jumps onto subway tracks as you see a train approaching? I mean, I'm sure we all would like to think we would do the same thing...but who knew there was enough space between a train and the actual tracks for 2 people to lay down and actually walk away unscathed? I sure didn't. Now we all do though, so it looks like we would all do the same thing should someone fall onto subway tracks in the future. Yup. We sure will.

(Yeah, thank goodness there aren't train tracks I frequent in the OC).

No comments: