Thursday, March 12, 2009

Quackity-Quack


So, aside from our neighborhood feline, Max (who we call Maximus, Maxxy, and when he's bad....Maxi-pad)...we now have two new animal residents of the bird variety in our apartment complex. A ducky couple! They're pretty darn cute. And they hang out by our pool all the time. I make "quacking" noises whenever I walk past them. I'm totally THAT girl.

And each time I see this cute duck pair, it brings a smile to my face. They're adorable. However...they weren't so adorable at 7am this morning! Granted, I should have been awake anyway and been throwing on my gym clothes for my daily TRI training session, but heck, I'm entitled to snooze atleast 15 times, and, the "cute" ducky duo were NOT helping. The first couple "quacks" I heard were endearing. And when it reached about the 50th quack, I was ready to throw a shoe out the window at them. I was NOT happy.

Is there a way to remove a duck's voicebox by chance? Only kidding!!! I would never even fathom such a thing. Geez. Relax. Hehe. If they could just schedule their "quacking" sessions between the hours of 10 am and 5 pm, that would be much appreciated though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww isn't it fun when new birdy pets come to visit :) I do agree though- I wouldn't like my birdies as much if they woke me up at 5 every day!

Anonymous said...

This is the time of year that the crazy geese show up in Indy... they aren't as cute or as nice as ducks. They actually hiss. Love that you quack at them:>