Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Little Bunny Foo Foo

So I went to this fantastic little French restaurant called Pescadou Bistro in Newport and it was so charming and delish!

And...I tried Escargot for the first time! It was actually quite tasty believe it or not. It came as an appetizer simmered in garlic and butter and they looked and tasted like button mushrooms. Same consistency as a mushroom too.....come to think of it...maybe they were mushrooms disguised as snails? Hehe.

I was feeling quite adventurous, so, I tried the rabbit. And while it did in fact taste like chicken...I couldn't get the image of "little bunny foo foo" out of my head...don't think I'll be ordering rabbit again any time soon, but snails...oh yeah, sign me up!

Popped into Goat Hill Tavern after dinner, which I hadn't been to in atleast 5 years. I remember it being this chill divey bar. Yeah, it was hoppin on a Tuesday night! Luckily, we were able to find a shuffle board tucked away in the back. So fun :)

No comments: