Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Wonderful World of Arugula


So this may sound strange, but I just discovered my love for arugula. This past weekend.

Ryan got some to garnish with, and I've always been familiar with the taste, but have really only had it mixed in with salads. And I kid you not, whenever I've had salads with arugula in it, I've thought to myself, "Wow...what IS that delightful leafy green in my salad?" I never pinpointed the source until now.

I find this so bizarre considering I must have ingested arugula 473 times...atleast! I guess I never cared enough to dissect a mixed green salad to find out what the source was for the yumminess on my palate.

So...since this recent discovery, I've doused every meal with a ton of baby arugula on top. It's almost comical. But, it really enhances food in my opinion. Cilantro too. I'm a cilantro fiend!

The reason for all of this "herb" talk is I'm on Day 10 of my two week (Phase 1) Fat Flush Plan and I'll take any seasonings or herbs I can get! It's been a journey for sure, but I'm really glad I've been doing it. Nice to cleanse the system and it's been a huge wake up call to how poorly I had been eating. Lots of processed crap! No more. I'm all about fresh foods and really limiting the salt and sugar I put into my body.

2 comments:

elsja said...

Arugula is good! In australia though- it's called Rocket. :) Such a cooler name. Rocket is very big here... much bigger than arugula in the states.

Amy Reinink said...

I knew it was serious between me and arugula after buying a bunch at the farmer's market last week. Knowing it's called "rocket" sealed the deal: I'm in love!