Monday, June 4, 2007

Lovin Lipstick Jungle


So I've been getting into books on CD recently. I used to read all the time while living in San Francisco since it was the best way to pass the time on the bus to and from work (and a great way to avoid human contact with the "characters"[aka nut jobs] that would sometimes get on the bus). Atleast I never had a bus weirdo flash, pee or puke on me...and yes, I have heard of that happening. Only in SF...and I would imagine NY, and Chicago, and Boston...any big city that has a public transportation system I suppose...but I digress.

Anyway, so I just finished listening to the "Lipstick Jungle" CD book and it was fantastic! It was light, fun and entertaining; really helped pass the time spent in the car. Candace Bushnell, author of Sex and the City, wrote the book and Cynthia Nixon narrated (who played Miranda on SATC). It's about 3 high powered women who "own" Manhattan. Wendy is the President of a movie studio, Nico is the editor of a powerful magazine, and Victory is a high-end fashion designer. And their lives are fabulous and juicy and dramatic and it's all good fun. Highly recommend.

They are making it into a TV show soon too. Check it out here. It stars Brooke Shields, the chick from 24, and that other chick who played Ian Ziering's gf on 90210.

No comments: