Thursday, February 5, 2009

Halo


So, I must admit...I've had mixed feelings about Beyonce. In her Destiny's Child days and when she released her first solo album, I was ALL about her. Strong, independent woman with a breathtaking voice and curves to admire. Awesome.

Then she became all diva-ish and the radio and TV were both saturated with Beyonce. So, I've been pretty OVER her for a while now.

Even the "Single Ladies" song...while it IS admittedly catchy, it also makes me kinda want to scream and hurdle something across the room.

But....her song "Halo" is one of the purrrdiest songs I've heard in a long time. It brings tears to my eyes. It's truly beautiful.

Check out the video here.

I especially like this verse here: I found a way to let you in; But I never really had a doubt; Standing in the light of your halo; I got my angel now

So Beyonce...we cool for now ;)

No comments: