Monday, April 16, 2007

So I know it's been a while...


Yes, ok, ok....I haven't updated my blog in a while. I lag.

But I am back on the wagon...atleast for today...and have decided to post a photo of the surfboard I painted at my work. Employees were given the opportunity to design their own surfboards for our new "Catch A Wave" exhibit which debuts Friday, May 25th (and which you should all check out...but not Memorial Day weekend because it will be a madhouse!!)

So I'm dedicating my surfboard to my Dad, and the artist Magritte was my inspiration. Here is an example of Magritte's style and where I got the idea to paint the elements (although he depicts 6 and I'm pretty sure we only have 4 elements buddy). This painting is one of his better known pieces (and it was featured in that movie "Thomas Crown Affair").

I really enjoyed the painting process. Maybe that means I should take some painting classes to nurture my artistic side. Or...maybe this means I should stick to my day job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Your back! Your surfboard turned out wonderful!!!