Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Guess What?!?!


Ryan and I are engaged!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

And I must say, the Groom-To-Be is quite the sneaky one. Because I had NO idea it was coming. NONE! He caught me completely off guard and had me thinking it would be a couple months since he wanted to save up for a ring. Little did I know he was just throwing me off!!!! Oh, he's GOOD. REAL good ;)

So, last Thurs. 7/2 (one of THE best days of my entire life) I worked a half day and then came home so Ryan and I could spend the latter part of the day together. I knew we were going on a picnic (one of our favorite dates at the beginning of our relationship) but didn't know where. He wanted it to be a surprise where we were going. The whole drive down the 405 S, I was joking with him asking "is this the exit?" and "so where are we going and when will we be there?" He wouldn't budge.

We pull up to the Casa Romantica in San Clemente (pictured above) which is this amazing beautiful historical site that overlooks the ocean and pier. It's breathtaking. So we had our lovely picnic that Ryan prepared complete with yummy cheeses, figs, bread, crackers, wine (shhhh), and electrolyte water to keep us awake...hehe. And enjoyed each other and the beautiful views and our day together. It was PERFECT!! And I STILL had no idea. The thought crossed my mind that "Wow, this would be the most amazing place for him to propose...maybe he'll TAKE ME BACK HERE someday." Ironic, right?

Then, he cleared the table and we went into this amazing conversation expressing our appreciation for one another and how lucky we are....yada yada. Nothing out of the ordinary or formal, per se. But THEN.....he pauses and says, "I brought you here for another reason," said some really sweet things that I OF COURSE can't remember it all, reached in his pocket, got down on one knee and proposed!!! And I was BLOWN AWAY!!!!! So happy and ecstatic and speechless and it was just so surreal.

The way he proposed was perfect, the location was perfect, what he said was perfect....I just feel so incredibly lucky :) Good work Mr. Wagner. Love,your soon-to-be Mrs. Wagner....ah!! Crazy.

Then we had dinner reservations at Vine which was superb. Yummy food and wine and dessert and it was just so lovely. He selected that place specifically so we could return there for anniversaries and special occasions. So thoughtful.

I am incredibly blessed to have Ryan as my partner for life and best friend. I CAN'T WAIT until June 2010!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

elsja said...

I'm SO happy for you Lisa! :) Such exciting news and that's so great that it was a big surprise. COngrats to you both!!

Anonymous said...

We are so, so happy for you and hopefully we can meet Ryan on a trip out to Cali. Congrats... you are going to be a beautiful bride.

Alexi Holford said...

You are going to have to change the name of this blog to "Brought to you by Wagner"!